Thursday, September 20, 2007

Nyanza, here I come

Well our first tour to Nyanza is in the pipeline and the crazy ODM-Raila hooligans are already preparing for a wee frenzy with lots of head butting and flag waving and angry songs and chanting and taunting between the Raila faithful and their dreaded rivals, the ODM-Kenya fans. Most excited of all are long-suffering members of the Luo Nyanza Needs Development Not Rhetoric Group (LNN-DNR) who have vowed to take to the streets wearing their (our) team's colors (black scarf, blue jeans and white trainers) singing "Unbwogable" and carrying menacing assault tools and looking for ODM-whatever flavour (easy to spot, dressed in Orange) to beat up. Personally I saw this coming ages ago and for years I've fought against the idea of touring Nyanza. Anyway, I got overruled. Luos, in the immortal words of your great writer Okot P'Bitek: Swing your hammers, and let's see what happens.

All joking aside: Luos, I know you're a restless and angry people at heart, but let's try to keep it peaceful, okay? It's what our brand is about. We're all about peace and love and staying Zen. Negative people upset us. But if you can get in a few kicks on some filthy bastard ODM-Kenya fans, and nobody sees you, well, no harm no foul as they say, and you will, in fact, be restoring a sense balance to this country.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Flores Online, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://flores-on-line.blogspot.com. A hug.

Joshua Masinde said...

Hallo. I didn't know you are my colleague in the blogging field. I have just landed on your site and it appears interesting. Will take some time off to have a keener look at the postings. Kudos.