Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings

Kibaki faithfuls, I know some of you are offended or hurt by things you read on this blog. But I can't hold back. I can't censor myself. The idea of this blog is to give you an honest, unvarnished look into my soul. As I've said before, this is what genius looks like. It ain't always pretty. Ever read an interview with Moi? I know you love me. Perhaps thought I would be as whimsical and cheery as Raila Odinga? I'm sorry. Fact is, I'm dark. Is this paradoxical? Not really. Great leadership comes from dark places. This is how the creative process works. This is the hero's journey. In order to be I must wander into the dark shadows in my soul. This blog is a way for you to accompany me on that journey. If you'd rather not go there -- if you'd rather just praise and marvel at how good I am, and not know about my demons -- I understand. I don't blame you. The journey is often unpleasant for me too. There are many times I wish I could be spared, my cup taken away. Alas, it is my destiny to suffer so that others might enjoy the finest President Kenya will ever have. All I ask is that you use your voters' card to elect me. Peace be with you, my peace I give you. I honor the place where you and I come together (and where you, very often, don't enjoy this experience).

No comments: